Areas in Which Our New York City Personal Injury Law Firm Practices
More than a half-century handling many types of New York personal injury actions
If you have been injured by a negligent act, you know the immense strain the situation can place on you and your family. At such times, you need legal advice and representation from attorneys who understand how to recover compensation through the legal system. You need lawyers who treat you like family. You need the New York City personal injury law firm of Segan, Nemerov, Singer, Sonin & Tancer, P.C.
Personal injury cases come in all shapes and sizes
For your case to fit the legal definition of “ personal injury,” you must have suffered physical or emotional damage as the result of a negligent act. Few restrictions exist on the type of accident or damage that may lead to a personal injury action. Throughout 63 years of service, the New York City lawyers at Segan, Nemerov, Singer, Sonin & Tancer, P.C. have handled cases involving a wide variety of accidents:
- Construction accidents. New York City is an ever-changing landscape, with hundreds of active construction projects. Such projects are necessary, but they are also the sites of countless daily injuries. The personal injury attorneys at Segan, Nemerov & Singer, P.C. have built a sterling reputation in New York law regarding construction accident law.
- Medical malpractice. Many people think that only individual doctors can be sued for
medical malpractice, but nurses, hospitals, nursing home staff and other medical professionals can all be held legally liable when they fail to provide the standard of care they owe their patients.
- Motor vehicle accidents. Motor vehicle accidents and traffic accidents are a fact of life in any city and are the leading cause of personal injury actions nationwide. Since New York is a no-fault car insurance state, numerous legal options are available to people injured in
auto accidents to recover compensation, whether an occupant of a vehicle or a pedestrian.
- Slip and fall accidents. This common personal injury sounds minor, but
slip and fall
and trip and fall incidents can lead to severe injury, paralysis or even death. If you suffered injury as the result of a fall on property owned by someone else, contact a personal injury lawyer.
- Premises liability. Any injury on property owned by someone else may be the basis of a premises liability action. If unsafe conditions, inadequate security or other preventable hazards lead to your injury, you may have legal recourse against the property owner.
- Lead poisoning, asbestos and mesothelioma. The medical risks of exposure to chemicals such as lead and asbestos have been well-documented. Still, these chemicals were widely used in various industries throughout New York City for many decades, and many employers negligently exposed their workers to lead poisoning and asbestos-related mesothelioma.
- Wrongful death. When a personal injury results in a fatality, the survivors of the victim may have the right to pursue a wrongful death action against the negligent party.
Speak with knowledgeable, reputable New York personal injury lawyers today
Compassionate, experienced legal representation may be your only option to recover the legal compensation you deserve. At Segan, Nemerov, Singer, Sonin & Tancer, P.C., we have delivered such representation to clients in need for more than 60 years. Contact us online or at (212) 696-9100 today.