Municipal Liability Lawyer NYC
Help When You Need New York City Municipal Liability Lawyers
Our reputable municipal liability attorneys in New York City can help you fight city hall. The city of New York is a legal entity, with all the rights, privileges and responsibilities that entails. So if you have been injured in New York City and the injury is the direct result of negligent action or inaction on the part of the city, you may have a valid case of municipal liability. However, filing and fighting such a claim is not easy. To do so, you need the help of experienced New York City municipal liability lawyer like the ones at Segan, Nemerov, Singer, Sonin & Tancer, P.C.
When should I file a municipal liability lawsuit?
When you sustain a serious injury and believe that local, city or county government is at fault, you need to buck conventional wisdom and fight city hall. When you choose to take on a legal fight of this sort, you must file a municipal liability lawsuit. Such lawsuits are not easy to win. The city enjoys certain immunities, and the statute of limitations that defines the length of time you have to file a Notice of Claim and to commence a lawsuit is extremely short, often only 90 days from the date of the accident. The time to file the lawsuit is also limited by statute.
But such cases can be won. The personal injury attorneys at Segan, Nemerov, Singer, Sonin & Tancer, P.C. have successfully obtained relief for our clients in an array of municipal accidents, such as:
- Subway accidents, including trips and falls on staircases and platforms. If you suffer an injury in this fashion, you almost certainly need to identify the precise staircase or platform and the exact nature of the issue with that staircase or platform that caused your accident.
- Public swimming pool accidents. Premises liability law holds the city as liable as a private pool owner.
- Defective sidewalks. The city is only liable for sidewalk defects in certain areas, namely sidewalks adjacent to residential buildings housing three families or fewer. For other sidewalks, the owner of the adjacent property is liable.
- Bus accidents. The New York City Transit Authority is self-insured for no-fault and liability coverage, meaning that compensation claims for such cases do not go to an insurance company, but directly to the Transit Authority.
Our municipal liability lawyers have also successfully handled other government cases in the city, including:
- Accidents involving government vehicles
- Government equipment defects
- Government premises accidents
- City construction site accidents
- City bus accidents
- School injury accidents
- Negligence or recklessness by a government agency or its representative
How can an attorney help me?
At Segan, Nemerov, Singer, Sonin & Tancer, P.C. we have the experience and skills you need to boldly and effectively fight for maximum compensation from the government or one of its agencies that is at fault. We understand how to determine the precise government agency liable for your injuries, file a municipal claim against that agency and either negotiate or fight for the compensation you or your loved one deserves.
You need experienced, knowledgeable attorneys to fight a municipal claim
If you or someone you love has been injured and you believe negligence by the city of New York is to blame, you face a major legal battle. But the experienced municipal liability lawyer at Segan, Nemerov, Singer, Sonin & Tancer, P.C. are prepared to help. Contact us today to arrange a FREE CONSULTATION. Reach us online or at (212) 696-9100.