Products Liability Lawyers in New York City Can Help You Fight Negligent Companies
When you have been injured by a faulty product, contact a products liability attorney
In the United States, any company that designs, manufactures or markets a product has a legal obligation to consumers to ensure that the product is not going to injure anyone when used in its intended manner. These obligations are defined by products liability laws. If you or someone you love has been injured by a faultily designed or marketed product, speak to the products liability attorneys at Segan, Nemerov, Singer, Sonin & Tancer, P.C. today.
What is a products liability case?
Many injuries and deaths caused by defective products could have been prevented if the designer, manufacturer or marketer of the product had adhered to products liability laws. So when you have been hurt by such a product, you need the services of a personal injury lawyer to pursue compensation for your injuries.
- Flawed or defective manufacture.If a failure or flaw in the manufacturing of a product creates a dangerous condition when that product is used as intended, the manufacturer is legally liable for any resulting injuries.
- Flawed or defective design.Perfect manufacturing processes do not protect a consumer from unnecessary danger when a harmful flaw exists in the design of the product. A faultily designed product can cause injury, and the company responsible for that design can be held liable.
- Failure of the manufacturer to warn.Some products can be designed and used perfectly, but still pose a threat if used incorrectly. If there is a dangerous way in which a product could be used, and the manufacturer could reasonably foresee this danger, it has a duty to adequately warn consumers.
Common types of New York City products liability cases
In theory, any product can lead to a products liability lawsuit. But some products and devices pose a greater threat when poorly designed or manufactured. Some specific types of products liability cases that our reputable and knowledgeable New York City attorneys have litigated include:
- Elevator accidents
- Construction site accidents, including defective cranes
- Faulty tires, seatbelts or motor vehicle safety systems
- Defective machinery
Do not waste time if you have been harmed by a defective product
If you or a loved one has been harmed by a faulty product, time is not on your side. You need to understand which laws apply to your case, the jurisdiction in which you must file your suit, and what you specifically need to prove to recover damages. The experienced New York attorneys at Segan, Nemerov, Singer, Sonin & Tancer, P.C. can help you do just that. Contact us today online or at (212) 696-9100 to arrange a free consultation.