We Are Experienced Serious Car Accident Attorneys in New York City Ready to Fight on Your Behalf
Motor vehicle accidents can devastate both medically and financially
Motor vehicle accidents lead to more personal injury cases nationwide than any other type of incident, with many car accidents causing serious, life-altering injuries. The fallout may not only affect the victim, but also the victim’s family whose lives must change to care for and accommodate an injured loved one. At the New York City personal injury law firm of Segan, Nemerov, Singer, Sonin & Tancer, P.C., we understand the laws that protect negligently injured parties in car accident cases and fight tooth and nail to earn them the compensation they deserve.
Common types of serious car accident injuries
Car accidents subject human bodies to tremendous amounts of force and can result in severe damage, including:
- Neck injuries, from mild cases of whiplash and neck strain to major disc injury and cervical radiculopathy. Whiplash is especially common in rear-end collisions.
- Head and brain injuries, ranging from mild concussions to traumatic brain injury (TBI). Even when the victim exhibits no physical sign of trauma, the brain is at risk of jostling inside the skull because of the impact of a car crash, so bruising and other injuries can result.
- Back injuries, such as fractures, strains, thoracic spinal damages and disc injuries.
- Emotional and psychological injuries, including post-traumatic stress disorder and other forms of mental distress.
Remember, any major or minor injury can be exacerbated if you fail to take the proper steps following the accident to care for it. Always know what to do if you have been involved in a car accident.
How can a car accident injury attorney help?
New York is a no-fault accident insurance state, which means the insurance companies representing those involved in an accident compensate parties regardless of whether liability is proven in court. But sometimes the damages received through a no-fault insurance settlement cannot cover the financial damages resulting from a driving accident.
An experienced car accident attorney can help you seek additional compensation beyond that provided by your no-fault insurance policy. Car accident victims often need additional compensation to pay for:
- Medical and rehabilitative costs
- Property damage
- Lost wages past, present and future
- Recovery from pain and suffering
Find out if one of our reputable car accident attorneys can help you today
At Segan, Nemerov, Singer, Sonin & Tancer, P.C., our New York City personal injury attorneys have over fifty years of experienced helping people just like you recover their rightful compensation following a serious car accident. Contact us either online or at (212) 696-9100 to arrange a free consultation, and let us begin fighting for you today.